The Graduate Student Association hosts weekly department socials, graduate student activities, and an annual research symposium, EnviroDay. Funding for activities come from generous department support and faculty sponsorships, as well as dues from the students. A core group of officers is responsible for events with input and support from the graduate student body.
The GSA also runs an undergraduate research mentoring program to connect undergraduates interested in research with graduate students. A list of publications from current department graduate students is compiled twice a year to highlight research achievements.
Three large social functions are held each year:
- Fall BBQ (September)
- End of Year Celebration (December)
- Spring Fling (April)
The GSA is a student run organization that aims to provide:
1. professional and personal support for existing graduate students,
2. events that build community among students and faculty,
3. information and guidance for incoming and new graduate students,
4. a voice for graduate students in the department and university, and
5. support, space, and outspoken solidarity with historically marginalized individuals in academia and the wider scientific research community.
All positions are for one academic year with elections occurring each Summer. Co-chairs are rising second-year graduate students selected by the outgoing officers.
There are also volunteer and appointed positions available such as Social Chairs, Prospective Student Chairs, EnviroDay Chairs, and Dr. Doughnuts.
|Tyler Barnes||GSA Rep.||teb5g|
|Andrew Jablonski||GSA Rep.||adj8sh|
|Ieva Juska||GSAS Rep.||ij7tt|
|Kayleigh Granville||Dept. DEI Rep.||keg8fb|
|Marion McKenzie||Dept. DEI Rep.||mm8dt|
|Amelie Berger||Dept. Sustainability Rep.||acb4rk|
|Morgan Tassone||Dept. Sustainability Rep.||mms3sh|
|Zoe Bergman||Social Chair||zab9waq|
|Madeline Miles||Social Chair||mam4qv|
|Ieva Juska||EnviroDay Chair||ij7tt|
|Morgan Tassone||EnviroDay Chair||mms3sh|
|Kelsey Schoenemann||EnviroDay Chair||kls7sg|
|TBD||Prospective Week Chair|