Dr. Lauren Miller’s research broadly focuses on past changes in coastal, marine, and glacial environments and the processes that control those changes, primarily using sedimentological and geomorphological archives. For more information and available graduate student positions, visit her research website.
- Ice shelves guarded by snow shields
- 2023; Nature Climate Change; Simkins, L.M.
- Advances in understanding subglacial meltwater drainage from past ice sheets
- 2023; Annals of Glaciology; Simkins, L.M. | Greenwood, S.L. | Winsborrow M. C. | Bjarnadóttir L.R. | Lepp, A.P.
- Ambiguous stability of glaciers at bed peaks
- 2022; Journal of Glaciology; Robel, A.A. | Pegler, S.S. | Catania, G. | Felikson, D. | Simkins, L.M.
- Differential impact of isolated topographic bumps on glacial ice flow and subglacial processes
- 2022; EGUsphere; McKenzie, M.A. | Simkins L.M. | Slawson, J.S. | MacKie E.J | Wang, S.
- Rapid retreat of Thwaites Glacier in the pre-satellite era
- 2022; Nature Geoscience; Graham A.G. | Wåhlin A. | Hogan, K.A. | Nitsche, F.O. | Heywood, K.J. | Totten, R.L. | Smith, J.A. | Hillenbrand, C.D. | Simkins, L.M. | ...
- Streamlined subglacial bedform sensitivity to bed characteristics across the deglaciated Northern Hemisphere
- 2022; Earth Surface Processes and Landforms;
- Sedimentary signatures of persistent subglacial meltwater drainage from Thwaites Glacier, Antarctica
- 2022; Frontiers in Earth Science; Lepp, A.P. | Simkins, L.M. | Anderson, J.B. | Clark, R.W. | ...
- Evidence for a “Little Ice Age” glacial advance within the Antarctic Peninsula–Examples from glacially-overrun raised beaches
- 2021; Quaternary Science Reviews; Simms, A.R. | Bentley M.J. | Simkins, L.M. | ...
- Topographic controls on channelized meltwater in the subglacial environment
- 2021; Geophysical Research Letters; Simkins, L.M. | Greenwood, S.L. | Garcia, S.M. | Eareckson, E.A. | Anderson, J.B. | Prothro, L.O.
- Exceptions to bed-controlled ice sheet flow and retreat from glaciated continental margins worldwide
- 2021; Science Advances; Greenwood, S.L. | Simkins, L.M. | Winsborrow, C.M. | Bjarnadóttir, L.R.